Truc Bach Lake by road from West Lake Youth. Youth road there since 1957 – 1958 in the opinion of President Ho Chi Minh, after the lake of Hanoi student youth labor in communist Saturdays expansion today. Previous called Ngu street, formed by a narrow dike embankment to prevent a corner of West Lake.
Truc Bach lake was established from the seventeenth century when people in Yen Hoa village (now the Yen Phu) and Yen Quang (now Quan Thanh street) built a dyke to the southeast corner of West Lake to feed the fish. Since an isolated lake, lake went in ancient documents. Book “Tay Ho Chi” said former village south of the lake, Truc Yen, with blinds profession, so the structure is grown, grown as forest structure. Trinh Giang (1729 – 1740) built here a palace called Truc Lam. Later, the hospital became a captive of the women guilty, to weaving to earn a living. Beautiful silk, sleek, well known throughout the town, called Bamboo village silk.
Truc Bach lake has many historical and architectural characteristics such as Quan Thanh Temple at the southwest corner of the lake. Chau Long pagoda east (Chau Long Street), Legend built during the Tran, where cultivation of the princess daughter of King Tran Nhan Tong. There Tri temple, where worship of Uy Do, a hero against Nguyen.
Around the lake three obscure streets, just west road new Youth presents the beauty and calmness of the lake. North lake with a small mound, on the temple mound with doggie story connected with Ly Cong Uan moved.
Truc Bach lake park with Ly Tu Trong and Westlake form a natural overall harmony, forming a beautiful landscape of the capital, Hanoi.